When can I order through Projekt Neptun?
- There are 2 four-week Neptun Waves per year, generally these take place in September and February at the beginning of each semester
- The exact dates will be communicated via our website, newsletter and social media
- Information about past devices can be found in the archive
Which payment options are accepted?
Depending on the shop, the payment options vary. Individual orders must, in general, be payed in advance either by bank transfer or credit card. Please note that order will be processed after payment is received. Credit card payments are effected immediately but may be subject to additional credit card charges.
Dell, HP, Lenovo laptops, printers, displays and other peripherals: If you choose to pay by bank transfer an e-invoice is sent to your e-mail account within 24 hours of order placement. Customers who do not receive the e-mail within 24 hours are kindly asked to contact our distributor's sales team as the e-mail may potentially have been blocked e.g. by a spam filter.
Who is eligible to order?
- University, University of Applied Sciences students and employees
- High school students in their final year (above 18 years old)
- Teachers of Swiss schools (K12)
- Alumni and registered members of Swiss universities. Some offers are restricted and not valid for members of alumni organizations. The restrictions are noted for each offer
- Schools and educational institutions for official procurements
How do I order?
- Choose your device on the Neptun page -> Click Order Now -> Authentication (SwitchAAI) -> Forward to the shop
- For graduates and university staff, the authentication is done via SWITCHAAI
- It is possible to register without SWITCHAAI. For this purpose, an online form must be completed by providing an official e-mail address (issued by your school) and/or a matriculation-/employee-/student number. Inaccurate orders may be canceled or the full price may be charged subsequently.
How many devices can I order?
- Apple: Max. 1 laptop and 2 iPads per person and academic year
- Microsoft: 2 hybrid tablets per person and academic year
- Dell / HP / Lenovo: Max. 2 laptops and 2 tablets per person and academic year*
- No limitation on other devices (e.g. printers, displays, accessories)*
*Unless otherwise specified by the manufacturer
- no limit
To prevent abuse, random checks are carried out.
What laptop brands and models are offered?
- Every 3 years Projekt Neptun performs a manufacturer evaluation. Laptops can be ordered from the manufacturers which prevail in the evaluation. Currently they are Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft
- For each Neptun wave, the devices are carefully selected to make sure that the latest hardware and high quality matched components are included in the offer. For this, an abbreviated device evaluation is carried out 2x per year, in order to select adequate device models and configurations.
How much discount does Projekt Neptun offer?
The discounts on laptops are difficult to quantify because the configurations offered by Projekt Neptun are sometimes not even available on the open market. Basically however the following applies:
- Windows laptops: Up to 45 % off
- Apple laptops: 15 % on MacBooks, 6% - 13% on iPads (depending on the model)
- Microsoft Surface devices: 10% - 20% off
Please note that some of the discounts are renegotiated before each Neptun Wave and therefore may vary. The figures above refer to Neptun Wave Fall 2017.
Where/when can I test the devices offered?
Projekt Neptun visits various Swiss Universities and Universities of Applied Sciences during the wave so that the devices can be viewed and tested before buying.
Terms and Conditions
What is the delivery time for my order?
Neptun devices are shipped via our partners, we therefore refer to the following shipping terms:
- Apple delivery time: Apple MacBook, iMac and iPad delivery time varies. If on stock, within one week. If not on stock / CTO up to four weeks for the new MacBook models in Spring 2017.
- Laptop and peripheral devices delivery time: Dell, HP, Lenovo will have a delivery time of up to six weeks. Displays, printers and other peripherals are usually on stock and deliverable within a week. If ordered together with a laptop, a partial delivery will only be executed if the laptop cannot be delivered as stated.
- Microsoft delivery time: Surface Pro devices are delivered within a week.
- Intel® NUC delivery time: Depending on the availability of the components; after the configuration, the delivery date is displayed on the website
The delivery times indicated in the shops reflect the current stock. An order, however, only becomes active after the payment has been received. The delivery times may change, if a longer period between order and payment exists.
All Windows laptops ordered without the preinstalled operating system (DOS versions) or with a special keyboard layout (e.g. US) have a longer delivery time, which is approximately 4-6 weeks after receipt of payment.
Where will my order be shipped and what does it cost?
- All devices are shipped by our distribution partners directly to the customer (stated delivery address)
- Due to insurance and customs reasons, deliveries can only be made within Switzerland. Billing and shipping address must not be identical (with temoprary residence abroad: deliveries to relatives / acquaintances with postal address in Switzerland is usually not a problem)
- In the Apple shop no postage is charged for online purchases over CHF 49.- (valid from Neptun Wave Fall 2017 on)
- In the PC shop, no additional delivery costs are charged for orders higher than CHF 500. If delivery costs are incurred, they are listed, respectively visible in the shopping cart.
- In the Microsoft Store no additional costs are charged
Can I pick-up my device somewhere?
Online orders made in the Apple shop can be collected in a Dataquest Store by personal appointment.
For all other offers, the option of on-site ordering or pickup is not available. Project Neptun distributes all other offers exclusively online and all orders are delivered by our partners directly to the customer.
Can I return my purchase and get a refund?
All orders are processed through our distribution partners, here we refer to the exchange and return policies for each partner (see below) .
- Apple Refund/Returns: MacBook, iMac, iPad bought online at http://www.apple.com/ch/ until Neptun Wave Spring 2016
- Apple Refund/Returns: MacBook, iMac, iPad bought online in the Dataquest shop from Neptun Wave Fall 2016 on
- Laptops and Peripheral Devices Refund/Returns: HP, Lenovo, Winows/Anroid Tablets, Displays, Printers, Sennheiser, 3Dconnexion
- Microsoft Refund/Returns: Surface products
I have questions regarding my order.
- Apple device orders: 058 225 52 77 or via contact form
- Windows laptop / peripheral devices orders: 041 318 40 00
- Surface orders, Microsoft Store: 0848 858 868
- Intel® NUC orders: via contact form
Orders are accepted and processed directly by the respective distribution partners. Contact possibilities that are not listed above can be found in the respective offers website. Project Neptun is also available for general questions and inquiries (purchase advice) at 044 501 08 13. Please note that this phone number is only active during the Neptune Wave.
My newly purchased laptop does not work.
Important: Devices that are defective on arrival must be immediately registered by the manufacturer as a DOA case (dead on arrival)!
The relevant time limits and procedures are listed in the manufacturer support pages.
I need a copy of my receipt.
- Dell / HP / Lenovo laptops, printers, displays, peripherals: Please send an e-mail to email@example.com with date of purchase and serial number of the device
- Apple devices: Log in with your Apple ID in the user account or by phone 0800 801 078 (for devices bought until Neptun Wave Spring 2016). From Neptun Wave Fall 2016 please contact Dataquest directly.
- Microsoft Surface: Sign in using the Windows Account and find your order details
- Intel® NUC: contact form
In what countries is my warranty valid?
Microsoft Surface Pro warranty is valid in Switzerland only. Other Neptun laptops usually have a worldwide warranty. However, there are some countries, mainly in Africa, where there is no support infrastructure and the device must be brought to the nearest repair center.
Is my device still under warranty?
Can be requested via the manufacture websites:
- Apple Warranty / Dataquest
- Dell Warranty
- Lenovo Warranty
- HP Warranty
- Microsoft Surface Warranty
- Intel® NUC Warranty
Where can I get first aid for my device?
- For problems with operating system, software or for a problem diagnosis you can get assistance at our Help Points
- In case of hardware failure, please register a support case with the Manufacturer Support directly
- In case your Neptun device needs repair, we offer free laptop rental!
What kind of support does Projekt Neptun offer?
- Neptun provides general technical support, data migration, initial installations, disposal and replacement of hardware
- For Neptun customers (laptops and tablets) the first 30 minutes of support are always free of charge
Software and Operating System
What is the Projekt Neptun Software Service?
Projekt Neptun operates a software service with free commercial antivirus and backup software available exclusively to Neptun customers.
Where do I find installers for my OS?
To reset your device to the default settings you need to use recovery media which can be found here:
- Mac OS X software via App Store or new installation via recovery partition: manual
- Windows Recovery Media for Lenovo laptops / tablets can be downloaded via Neptun Software Service. There is also the possibility to order Recovery DVDs via Tel. 0800 55 54 54 or use this link to order them online (cost of handling and shipping will be charged). Newer device models can create a Lenovo Recovery USB key via Lenovo Digital Download Recovery Service (DDRS).
- Windows Recovery Media for HP laptops can be ordered the HP support chat.
Where can I buy software?
- You can buy software via our partner Studyhouse.ch. Software download and license key will be sent via e-mail after the purchase.
- Access is only possible with SwitchAAI account (no alumni).
- It is possible your school offers software. Before you buy a license, consult your computer help desk / service desk of your school, and see if the desired product may be available there.
I am looking for free software.
- We provide software bundles with free software. These installation packages can be downloaded here (Ninite Installer). The installer can (should) also be used regularly to keep the installed products updated.
- Antivirus software: Neptun customers get the chance to download and install the commercial anti virus software Sophos for free via the Projekt Neptun Software Service (Mac and Windows).
- Backup Software: Windows users can download and use the commercial backup software Langmeier Backup for free via the Projekt Neptun Software Service.
- Also check with the IT Departement of your School for available free software.