Neptun HP laptops are covered by a 2 to 5 year warranty (duration of battery warranty is model dependent). For most laptops sold since autumn 2016 an onsite warranty is included, older models are covered by a bring-in or pickup & return warranty service. The warranty is linked to the devices serial number and the warranty type and duration can be checked online.
Easily replaceable parts that fall into the Customer Self Repair (CSR) category are dispatched directly to the customer. The customer replaces the part and the defective part must then be returned to HP using the enclosed prepaid postage box. Examples of CSR parts are (depending on the model):
- power supply
- hard disk
- optical drive
For any other hardware problems, a service technician will repair the laptop. For repairs under a bring-in or pickup & return warranty, HP will need your device including all equipment to be sent to a HP Service Center.
If the laptop is covered by onsite warranty a service technician will bring the required replacement parts and perform the repairs onsite, making it unnecessary to send the laptop to the manufacturer. However, it still is possible to send it in should the customer prefer to do so. If the service technician is not able to fix the problem on-site, the laptop may have to be sent to the service center..
Report a Dead-on-Arrival (DoA - new device defective upon delivery)
If your device is defective upon delivery - Dead-on-Arrival (DoA) - this has to be reported to the HP within 30 days. The procedure for a DoA is described in this document.
Report Hardware Malfunction (not DoA)
To register a defective device it has to be reported to HP or an HP service partner. The warranty status and duration can be check online by entering the serial number of your device (if the online warranty check is not available, please call HP): HP warranty check
To open a support request with HP a detailed description of the problem as well as the serial and model number of your device are needed: How to identify the serial and model number
Contact HP Support Center
- We recommend contacting the support via HP Online Support Chat if your device is supported
- Log in to your dashboard
- HP business Laptops (ProBooks, Elitebooks, zBooks): +41 43 547 97 85
- HP Consumer Laptops (Spectre, Omen): +41 22 567 51 83
- HP business printer: +41 43 547 97 85
- HP consumer printer: +41 22 567 51 83
If a hardware problem is identified, Customer Self Repair (CSR) parts may be delivered by mail for installation by the customer. All other repairs have to be carried out by a HP service technician and HP needs the entire device: Prepare your laptop for service
If the unit is covered by a bring-in warranty, then the device must be shipped to a HP repair center at your own expenses. For a pickup & return warranty HP will send you a shipping box with return label or the defective device will be picked up by a courier.
For onsite warranty repairs a HP service Technician visit you and perform the repairs at your location. It is not necessary to send in the device, but if preferred by the customer, it can be requested. (On-site warranty service cannot always be guaranteed in remote areas.)
Customers should contact the HP CRT for escalation if:
- You haven't been contacted within 3 days after opening the support case with HP.
- The repair is not completed within 5 days and you haven't received any status update information from HP (eg. spare parts not available)
- The unit was repaired and returned to the customer, but the result is not satisfactory (eg. defect still exists).
We recommend mentioning that you are reporting a problem with a "Projekt Neptun laptop".
The CRT can be reached via E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
HP Support Links
- HP Contact Center
- HP Support & Downloads
- HP Driver and System Updates
- HP Support Worldwide
- Product Information with detailed "Quick Specs"
- HP Knowledggebase - Troubleshooting
- HP Recovery Media
- HP Cloud Recovery (USB-Recovery Media Download - for selected models only)
- HP Spare Parts (PartSurfer)
- HP Warranty Information
- HP Notebook & Tablet Display Policy
- HP Pixel Policy